|FEL's Mini MicBooster series of mic preamps are pocket-sized, ultra low-current microphone preamplifiers that deliver an extra 20 dB of gain to your condenser mic.
They are powered solely by your field recorder's 48 volt phantom power, but use only a tiny fraction of it, so the remainder passes through to run the microphone as normal.
No batteries, no mains, no switches, knobs, presets or controls. Just plug it in and go. Features/specs include:
- Superb audio quality
- Flat frequency response, low noise
- Frequency response 20 Hz - 20 kHz
± 0.25 dB, 150 ohm source
- Strong Neutrik alloy case, gold plated Neutrik XLR's
- Output clipping level -10 dBu with 600 ohm load
- Input clipping level -30 dBu at 20 dB gain 600 ohm load
- Input impedance - electronically balanced 1K ohm
- Output impedance - electronically balanced 200 ohm
- Polarity - non-inverting, polarity is preserved
- Current consumption - 1.4 milliamps, typical